Williams at the double as Otterettes book last four berth in cup
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary ladies continued their fine season by sealing a place in the last four of the Devon Cup after a 5-3 quarter final win over University of Plymouth.
Leading scorer Meg Williams netted a double and there were single goals from Georgia Baker, Georgia Chapman and Jessica Jenkins.
The Otterettes are currently on their annual two-week autumn break and so it’s a good time to reflect on what, to date, has been a super season for them.
The ladieshave played three league games since the start of the campaign, winning two and losing one with 17 goals scored and eight conceded.
In addition they have also played two cup matches, winning them both, scoring 18 times and shipping three.
You may also want to watch:
Currently topping the goal-scoring charts is Meg Williams (sponsored by Devon Haylage) with an impressive 17 goals so far!
Such has been the dominance of Williams in the goal-scoring stakes that the next tally is one of three, with Georgia Chapman (sponsored by Carpets Collect), Lauren West (sponsored by Kernow Oven Clean) and Georgia Baker (sponsored by SK21).
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Two goals have been scored by Abby Cartwright, KC Williams and Hazel Tucker and there have been single goals scored by Natalie Parkhouse, Louise Ilsley and Jessica Jenkins, the latter who is sponsored by Education & Training Skills.
The Otterettes are back in league action on Sunday, November 11, when they travel to University of Plymouth.