Williams at the double in Otterettes home success
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary ladies were excellent value for their Devon Women’s League 5-2 home win over Plymouth-based SB Frankfort.
Leading scorer Meg Williams scored twice and the other goals came from Louise Ilsley, Kathryn Brown and Jessica Jenkins.
Team coach Mike Ringer said: “It all turned out so well! There were doubts about so many players leading up to the game and, before kick-off, it was more a case of counting the walking wounded!
“SB are a strong side and play a high pressing game which squeezes play, something the ladies’ game rarely – if ever – see!
“We laboured a bit in the first half and went into the break trailing 2-1. However, the second half was a superb show all-round. The girls started the half on the front foot and never looked back.”
You may also want to watch:
He continued: “Off-side was an issue for us – caused by their high press – but it is something we can, and will, work on in training.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients