Willoughby wins Sidmouth ladies par competition
- Credit: Archant
It was a good turn out on Wednesday when Sidmouth ladies played one of their par competitions, writes Gill Paddon.
Love it or hate it, trying to beat the course is not an easy task!
The scores were mixed, but the majority played within their buffer zone.
The course was playing long and the balls were running well, but for some of us not necessarily in the right direction!
Anne Willoughby was the overall winner with a score of plus two and that also signalled a handicap reduction of one.
You may also want to watch:
In second place, coming in ‘all square’, was Maria Clapp whilst Anne Blackler was third scoring minus one.
The diary is pretty full at Sidmouth golf club during the coming weeks, on Sunday (June 9) it’s the Mixed Open.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
The Sheelagh Creasy team, captained by Sue Langdon, travel to Royal North Devon golf club whilst the Express & Echo Foursomes and the Killard Leavy competition start.
Captain’s Day will be held on Saturday week (June 15), so there’s certainly plenty to look forward to.