Wilmington edges out in-form Billinghurst in Charles Stanley stableford at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty of high scoring in the bank holiday Monday Charles Stanley stableford, writes Chris Roberts.
Rob Wilmington scored an astonishing 43 points, but only secured the victory from Sally Billinghurst on count back!
This is the second time that Sally has figured in the top three this year resulting in her handicap being cut by an amazing six shots.
In third spot was Wilmington senior, Lester, who managed a one under par back nine helping him to a total of 42 points.
Roy Smith was the fourth player in the forties with 41 which, on most days, would have secured the top spot.
You may also want to watch:
Duncan Taylor still heads the eclectic table by two shots. The birdie league is also headed by Duncan tied with John Jones both on 18.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge