Wilmington edges out in-form Billinghurst in Charles Stanley stableford at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty of high scoring in the bank holiday Monday Charles Stanley stableford, writes Chris Roberts.
Rob Wilmington scored an astonishing 43 points, but only secured the victory from Sally Billinghurst on count back!
This is the second time that Sally has figured in the top three this year resulting in her handicap being cut by an amazing six shots.
In third spot was Wilmington senior, Lester, who managed a one under par back nine helping him to a total of 42 points.
Roy Smith was the fourth player in the forties with 41 which, on most days, would have secured the top spot.
You may also want to watch:
Duncan Taylor still heads the eclectic table by two shots. The birdie league is also headed by Duncan tied with John Jones both on 18.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid