Wilson and Whitbourn win the Ron Miller Claret Jug at Axe Cliff.
Last Friday 30 members, fifteen teams of two, contested the Ron Miller Claret Jug at Axe Cliff, writes Janet Dack.
Miller, the sections former treasurer, presented the Trophy on his retirement three years ago.
The format is stableford with both scores to count and three teams recorded excellent totals in the seventies.
The winners with 73 points were Keith Wilson and Charles Whitbourn, runners-up with 72 points were Mick Tomes and Bob Flay and third with 71 points, Chris Jowett and Gilbert Cox.
There were two two’s recorded by Keith Wilson and Phil Wilkins.
You may also want to watch:
The day before the team visited near neighbours Sidmouth and a closely fought match ended in victory for the home side by three-and-a-half to two-and-a-half.
As Axe Clii won the earlier encounter 4-2 the overall result for the year favoured the visitors.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Winning pairings for Axe Cliff were Neil Moorcraft and Nick Povey together with John Mant and Malcolm Glass.
The half point was won by Rob Grove and Peter Rollason.