Wilson at the double as Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s claim another clean sheet success.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders 6, CS Lions 0 Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s chalked up another emphatic clean sheet success when they entertained the Mid Devon side in an Exeter and District Youth League match, writes Simon James.
There was a high tempo start to the contest with the visitors looking to press back the Raiders, but they got little change out of the defensive unit of Glen Sinker, Ben Scrivens and Thomas West.
The opening goal arrived when Finlay Morgan fired the ball up the left wing where there was some slick inter play involving Jamie Wyant and Cole Monaghan, prior to Matte Laurenti finding the back of the net.
Soon after, a long cross from Ollie Jones, Ben (the Scrivinator) Scrivins rifled home the second. The Raiders then enjoyed a period of total dominance with the play all in the visiting defensive third.
Just before the half-time whistle striker Archie Rowe continued his scoring form by thumping home a free-kick. There was still time before the interval for Raiders keeper Isaac James to make a superb save to deny the Mid Devon side a goal back.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half the fourth goal arrived when Scot Gibson’s left foot pass dropped at Jack Wilsons feet and he tucked the ball home.
Ollie Jones poached the fifth before popular team members Will Lorkin and Ben Latham destroyed the visitors defensive line with some outstanding passing prior to setting up Wilson for his second of the game and the sixth for the flying Raiders.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution