Wilson stars as Sidmouth Under-12s power to Wellington win
Wellington 0, Sidmouth 55 Sidmouth Under-12s produced a storming display on the day of the big storm as they inflicted a heavy defeat on their Somerset hosts, writes Craig Moran.
Despite the half term holidays wreaking havoc on selection depriving the team of several influential players and leaving the boys one short of a full team, the green army proved way too strong for home team.
Once again it was the baby-faced yet brutal assassin Will Kennaugh who proved to be simply unstoppable as he tore through the red defence with ease to score numerous tries.
The blind side was suitably probed by other players as Sidmouth delivered a slick performance across the pitch.
Jack Wilson earned his ‘Hard Man’ spurs after tacking a knock to his face in the warm-up!
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters nose bled profusely, but he shook off the problem and, despite a swollen nose, scored the try of the game running the ball in from his own 22 breaking several tackles on his way to the line.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support