Wilson stars as SOHC ladies’ third XI defeat Dawlish
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ third XI were good value for their 4-1 win over Dawlish.
What made the success all the more impressive was that Dawlish, the week before, had beaten the league leaders!
SOHC started brightly and, playing into a gale force wind, took an early lead with a well-taken goal from Hannah Trude.
Playing with confidence and retaining an excellent shape to their game it was no more than SOHC deserved when a terrific ball from Millie Moore found Amy Scott and she applied a clinical finish to make it 2-0.
With Cassia Wilson orchestrating things with a powerful display in midfield, a third goal duly arrived, scored by Moore. Dawlish hit back to reduce the arrears, but a second from Trude after the break sealed an impressive success for the team.
You may also want to watch:
Cassia Wilson was named the Player of the Day.
? SOHC ladies 2nd XI are in action at Sidmouth tomorrow (Saturday) with a noon start for their meeting with Taw Valley II.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
If SOHC avoid defeat then they will complete their Sedgemoor Division Two campaign with an unbeaten record!
Sadly, their fantastic ‘invincible’ campaign will not bring them the title, for that honour is set to go to Weston-super-Mare 2nd XI, a side that SOHC beat 1-0 away and also drew with 2-2 when the teams met in East Devon!