Wilson stars in SOHC ladies’ fourth team defeat to Torbay
- Credit: Archant
SOHC ladies IV put on a superb all-round show and were so unfortunate not to get anything from their meeting with Torbay IIs, who won the game by the odd goal in five.
With the team still getting to know each other and a number of senior members missing, the youngsters stepped up to the plate and did a sterling job of ensuring that a more experienced opposition did not have things their own way.
An impressive feature of a terrific all-round performance was the way that the team retained possession. What made the show all the more admirable was that the team did not have the luxury of calling on fresh legs as there were no substitutes. The second of the two SOHC goals was scored by Maggie Heal, bravely battling on after twisting her knee minutes before!
Cassia Wilson was richly deserving of the Player of the Match award for her supreme shift in the midfield.
The team were also delighted to welcome back to action Hannah Acarnley and Amber Skey, the former netting the first SOHC goal with a clinical flick from a short corner.
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Hudson deserves special mention for volunteering to go in goal and giving the opposition some good humoured aggression when they came anywhere near her!
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services