Wing Wizardry from Kubaczka and another Dorman treble see Raiders to away win
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s returned to the top of the Exeter and District Youth League with a confident display at Tiverton that saw them to a 4-1 win over hosts Moors Youth.
Having not played for a number of weeks with the wet weather that has plagued local football since mid-December, just getting a game in was quite an achievement!
However, Raiders did not look like a team that had a number of weeks of inactivity and, in Freddie Dorman, they had a striker in rich form and it was he who scored another hat-trick to help guide Raiders to victory.
Raiders made a bright start and the opening goal came when Dorman deftly ‘passed’ the ball into the corner of the net beyond the reach of the sprawling Moors goalie.
Raiders stayed on the front foot and Frank Long drew a wonderful save from the home glovesman when he rifled a shot goalwards from long-range.
You may also want to watch:
The lead was doubled after some terrific skill from tricky Ryan Kubaczka, who turned one way and then the other before delivering a superb cross that Dorman turned home.
However, straight from the re-start, Moors hit back to make it 2-1. Raiders were clearly stung by the Moors goal, but their response was instant – and equally clinical – as young Dorman got on the end of a 40-yard through-ball from Yan Mercan to slot home and complete his hat-trick, and also restore the Raiders’ two-goal lead.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
The final goal came from the penalty spot and once again Dorman was involved in the thick of the action for it was he who was chopped down in the area and up stepped Josh O’Connor to drill the spot kick home and round off a highly satisfying morning for Raiders.
The Raiders Man of the Match award went Ryan Kubaczka, who posed a constant threat all match with his wing wizardry.