WiSidmouth Warriors Under-10 net win double over league newboys
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors 2, Crediton Youth 1 Sidmouth Warriors 3, Copplestone Cobras 1 Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s hosted league newcomers Crediton and Copplestone in Exeter and District Youth League matches, writes Justin Ashby.
First up against Crediton the game was one that saw both teams fully committed and chances were at a premium at both ends of the pitch.
The home side introduced fresh legs after the break and the tempo increased with the deadlock finally broken when Samuel Rice turned his marker and dispatched a cool finish. New signing Tim Goody added a second from a corner before Crediton pulled one back with the final kick of the game.
Next up Warriors took on an impressive Copplestone side and began brightly, creating some very good scoring opportunities, but missed them all!
It was at the end of a sweeping move that Thomas Rowan slotted home to give the Warriors a well-earned lead.
You may also want to watch:
Copplestone responded with a fine goal of their own to end the half at 1-1.
After the break a half-time pep-talk had clearly done the trick as Warriors, playing with a spring in their step, began to control proceedings and they regained the lead with a clinical Samuel Rice finish after a free-flowing move. Minutes later Joe Ashby slammed home the third to.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
This was a hard-fought, high-quality victory and the boys were simply magnificent.