Wood goal keeps the Sidmouth Under-10 unbeaten run moving sweetly along
Brixington Blues 1, Sidmouth Town Warriors 1 Sidmouth Town Warriors Under-10 shared the spoils in a game that lived up to its billing as a top of the table clash.
The first half belonged to Sidmouth and only the width of an upright and the depth of the cross bar prevented them scoring at least once.
The home side broke the deadlock straight after half-time. However, Warriors were quickly back level when Ryan Griffiths played in Tyler Wood and he made no mistake.
The nearest the contest came to a winner was when Sidmouth’s Griffiths missed the target by a whisker with a free-kick. Since losing the first two games of the season, Warriors are unbeaten.
They certainly deserve much credit for their collective performance against a very competent Blues side.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon