Worked hard to beat Witheridge
Colaton Raleigh FC 3,
Dawlish United FC 2 Div three
This narrow, but deserved, 3-2 victory at Newton Poppleford, against a strong Dawlish United team, continues Colaton Raleigh's encouraging start to the season, writes Ken Woodsford.
Raleigh took the lead when Graham Hughes headed home a corner kick from Damian Armes. Adrian Parr added a second goal before Dawlish reduced the arrears.
Jake Boyland got on the end of a driven cross from Ben Farrington, to convert and make the half time score 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Raleigh dominated the first 20 minutes of the second half, but chances went begging, as too many players tried their luck from poor positions and wasted the opportunity to set up simple goals for team mates.
Dawlish United scored again to make it 3-2, setting up a nervous last 15 minutes.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
Connor McCallum came on as a substitute for the final few minutes and almost scored with an overhead kick. This was McCallum's first game after 18 months rehabilitation from a serious cruciate ligament knee injury.
?Colaton Raleigh Reserves travelled to Folly Gate, who they had beaten in a cup fixture two weeks earlier. This time they found their opponents much sterner opposition and ended up losing 3-1. James Hiscox scored for Raleigh.
?This Saturday, Colaton Raleigh are away in a league fixture at Winkleigh, ko 3pm. The reserves host Offwell 2nds at Back Lane, Newton Poppleford, ko 3pm.