Yetton Trophy success for Sidmouth ladies
- Credit: Archant
The past week was a busier one for Sidmouth lady bowlers and there were further promising results, writes Jennifer Fricker.
However, a friendly match against Isca was lost by 49 shots to 63.
Congratulations, to our only winning team of Mary Bristow Jean Green,Pat Harvie and Shirley Rose.
The Lane League match was also against Isca and again we lost, but Lorna Lever Jean Green and Pat Harvie after a heroic struggle managed to draw, thus gaining one point.
The Foxland League team were more successful, winning on two rinks out of four, but the overall aggregate was 81 to 78 shots to Sidmouth and therefre six points were gained!
You may also want to watch:
However, the best result was a victory in the Yetton Trophy by just one shot, the overall score being 78 to77 shots
This was obviously a closely fought match with the result in doubt until the very last bowl!
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Arithmetic was tested as away scores were added to home scores involving frequent telephone calls.
Well done to all the players, but especially to our best rink of Lynda Hargrave, Susie Bonnell, Ann Capon and Jill Bishop.
It was especially pleasing to see two of our newer members, Lynda and Susie doing so well.