Youngsers impress at Exmouth event
- Credit: Archant
It was the turn of Sidmouth’s Mini-Red boys’ team to compete in the Aegon tournament played at Exmouth at the weekend, writes Kate Truman.
The round-robin event saw the youngsters play three matches.
They played brilliantly and drew 4-4 with Exeter Tennis Centre and then repeated that score line in a meeting we with Exwick Tennis Club.
Unfortunately, because Exeter beat Exwick, the Sidmouth boys didn’t go through to the final, however, they then had a great consolation match against Newton Abbot which looked very much like it was going Sidmouth’s way before rain stopped play and everyone had to clear off the courts!
All in all it was a fantastic tournament experience for these youngsters and it lovely to see them settle down as each match progressed.
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations go to: Reece Taylor, Eli Moss, Oliver Knight, Jack Scorey, Jerry Min and Will Russell.
A big thank you, also, to fellow junior, Sabina Scorey, who attended the tournament as team assistant, helping to supervise the matches and providing the referee with the results. She did a brilliant job and can’t wait to play her own matches!
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club