A Further Evening with James Pellow and Friends
Following his recent London run with the Antic Disposition Theatre Company in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Manor Pavilion Theatre favourite James Pellow is set to return to Sidmouth (which he describes as his second home) with a brand new programme of words, music and laughter
Following his recent London run with the Antic Disposition Theatre Company in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Manor Pavilion Theatre favourite James Pellow is set to return to Sidmouth (which he describes as his second home) with a brand new programme of words, music and laughter.
Entitled A Further Evening with James Pellow and Friends, it takes place on Friday, May 15 and Saturday, May 16, at 7.45pm.
The Sidmouth Herald described his 2008 show as "a unique theatrical experience" and, this year, he, Janette Froud, Jane Bennett and Sandria Stewart are sure to delight again. New faces to the show this year are the much-loved Sidmouth songbird, Mo Cuthbert, and local leading young man Tom Beesley.
Last October, James was well impressed with Sidmouth Amateur Operatic Society's smash hit Gigi, in which Sandria, Mo and Tom all gave excellent performances.
You may also want to watch:
Although the exact composition of the evening is a secret, James had whetted my appetite by telling me he is planning on an excerpt from The School for Scandal, in which he will play Mrs Candour. His previous appearance as Lady Bracknell was a scream, this one should cause more hilarity.
Last year, many people were disappointed to miss this sell out show, so it has been extended to two nights, but be warned - tickets �9.50, are selling fast.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
James, Janette and Jane will be back a fortnight later with Fiona McGregor in the Nightshade Theatre Company's innovative and original play Waves of War from Thursday to Saturday, May 28 to 30, at 8pm.
Tickets for both shows are on sale at the Manor Pavilion Theatre box office - telephone (01395) 514413.