Actor Martin returns to Sidmouth for festival play
Star of Sidmouth’s first Charles Vance season returns to stage for latest production
MEET Martin J Kingston, who has returned to Sidmouth for this year’s Vance Summer Play Festival season, to perform in Night Must Fall, which opens tomorrow (Thursday) at Manor Pavilion Theatre.
Martin appeared in six plays in the very first season run by Charles Vance 25 years ago and is delighted to be back in town for this play by Emlyn Williams, described as “A terrifying tale of deception”.
He has played a large number of leading roles, notably in musicals, farce and pantomime.
Favourites include Fagin (Oliver!), Mack (Mack and Mabel), Higgins (My Fair Lady) and Seymour (Little Shop of Horrors).
You may also want to watch:
TV appearances include Casualty, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses.
Earlier this year Martin directed Jesus Christ Superstar at the Northcott Theatre, Exeter and Cabaret at the Manor Pavilion Theatre, with both productions receiving critical acclaim.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!