Air Day spectacular looms
Tickets are now on sale for this year s RNAS Culdrose Air Day which will be held on Wednesday, July 30.
Tickets are now on sale for this year's RNAS Culdrose Air Day which will be held on Wednesday, July 30.
The event, which has become a firm favourite in the Cornish event calendar, enables the general public to experience the sights, sounds and smells of one of Europe's largest helicopter bases.
Air Day enables budding fighter pilots and those who once dreamt of flying to learn about this exciting 'world of Culdrose' and see what happens behind the security gates.
The organisers of this year's event are working hard to make it a day to remember. As fast jets, helicopters and military aircraft zoom across the skies, visitors will be able to meet aircrew who have served on frontline squadrons all over the world, pilots who have just earned their 'Wings' and members of the Search and Rescue Squadron, who are seen flying all over Cornwall on rescue missions.
You may also want to watch:
As well as an exciting, action-packed flying display, there will also be lots of things to see, touch and try on the ground. Visitors can climb onboard aircraft, be scrambled on a search and rescue mission, take a ride in a helicopter or jump into the driving seat of a military fire engine.
"It should be a great day for the whole family," said spokeswoman Emma Relton.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 7 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
Advance tickets at a reduced price (£12:00 for adults, £4.00 for children aged 5-15yrs and £30:00 for families) are now on sale online (www.icketzone.co.uk), by phone (08705 321 321) and at various Tourist Information Centres across Cornwall.
Further details about the event can be obtained on www.culdroseairday.co.uk