Wide variety of art goes on show in free Sidmouth exhibition
- Credit: South West Academy of Fine and Applied Arts
More than 240 paintings, sculptures, textiles and prints have gone on display at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, in the South West Academy of Fine and Applied Arts Open Exhibition.
The exhibition, over two floors, includes more than 100 works by Academy members and an equal number by non-member artists.
Local members who will be exhibiting include Ray Balkwill, Mike Beach, Debbie Cole, Ken Cosgrove, Alan Cotton, Phil Creek, Jed Falby, James Lester, Ann Rowe and Alison Summerfield.
The exhibition also includes work by several young artists who are just beginning their careers in the visual arts.
This is the first time the Open Exhibition has been held at Kennaway House. Admission is free and it is open from 10.30am until 4.30pm until Saturday, November 13.
The Academy is a registered charity dedicated to advancing the creation and appreciation of art in the South West through an annual calendar of exhibitions and events.
- 1 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 2 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 3 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 4 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 8 November runs in the Sun for Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Sidmouth to get state of the art hearing treatment
- 10 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town