Author Simon Brett will act during Sidmouth talk
With 83 books under his belt, Simon starts new writing venture
THOSE who attend the last in the successful Readers and Writers Season at Sidmouth’s Kennaway House, next Thursday, September 23, will be in for a treat.
Not only will prolific author Simon Brett be talking about his work – he is responsible for the Charles Paris, Mrs Pargeter and Fethering series of crime novels, TV and radio shows such as No Commitments and After Henry and much more – but he will act too.
He will perform A Crime in Rhyme: clich�s of the golden age of detectives for the audience, with just him playing all the parts.
Simon’s first book, Cast, In Order Of Appearance, was published in 1975. Last year he started a new venture with a new publisher when Constable published Blotto, Twinks and the Ex-King’s Daughter.
You may also want to watch:
Simon says: “I am very fortunate to make a living, most of the time, from something I would do anyway.
“I can’t remember a time when I didn’t want to write. I still do, and I want to do it better.”
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
Tickets to hear Simon at the Cellar Bar are �8, to include a glass of wine and canap�s, and available from Kennaway House (01395) 515551. The office opens from 9.30am to 2pm weekdays.