Beer and Branscombe: fun activities for festive season
CHRISTMAS is upon us for another year and the residents of Beer and Branscombe have a busy month ahead of them. The annual late night shopping event at Beer will take place on Friday, December 11, from 6pm.
CHRISTMAS is upon us for another year and the residents of Beer and Branscombe have a busy month ahead of them.
The annual late night shopping event at Beer will take place on Friday, December 11, from 6pm.
A range of shops will participate in this year's late shopping night and drinks and nibbles will be available.
There will be various stalls in the Mariners Hall with local traders selling seasonal items.
You may also want to watch:
Father Christmas will be greeting children and finding out who has been naughty or nice this year.
The evening culminates in the switching on of the Christmas tree lights outside the Mariners Hall. Father Christmas and this year's Regatta Princess will be switching them on.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
Other events taking place in Beer include performances by the Puffins Pre-school and the primary school in the Mariners Hall on December 5 and December 14, respectively.
Beer Seriously Occasional Singers will also be performing in the Mariners Hall from 7pm-10pm.
The Senior Citizens' Club will enjoy their Christmas lunch with all the trimmings on Thursday, December 10, in the Mariners Hall.
St Michael's Church will host a Christmas Fair on November 28, from 10am to noon and the whole village is invited to the annual Christmas party on Saturday, December 5, in the Mariners Hall.
Yuletide celebrations in Branscombe will take place throughout December. The annual Christmas village fair will be held on Saturday, December 5 from 2pm to 4pm, in the village hall and a special Christmas bingo evening will be held on Wednesday, December 9, in the hall from 7.15pm.
Branscombe Variety Club will be hosting their fantastic Christmas variety night on Thursday, December 10 from 7.30pm. Tickets can be bought from Branscombe Post Office.
St Winifred's Church Carol Party takes place on Saturday, December 12, from 6pm and Branscombe Primary School pupils will be performing their Christmas play on Tuesday, December 15, at 6pm. Both events take place in the village hall.