Beer Scouts in camping downpour
Beer youngsters had their badges put to the test at the annual Scout camp last weekend.
Over 500 young people aged between 10 and 14 from all over Devon got caught in one of the heaviest downpours of the summer at Woodlands Theme Park, Dartmouth.
After a sunny start, blustery winds tore down the tents and the rain filled them with water.
In the middle of the night, scout leaders and supporters put the tents away and started a warming feast for the Scouts.
Nigel Groves, Scout Leader from 1st Beer Scouts, said: “Despite the weather it was a fantastic weekend, it was great to see just how many young people were involved in Scouting all in one place.
You may also want to watch:
“It was amazing to see how everyone pulled together when required and diverted what could have been a lot more dramatic incident into a positive experience that I know will last in the memory of many young people for years to come.”
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 7 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat