Brass band first for Sidmouth
Riviera Concert Brass perform in Sidmouth for first time
FOR the first time since its formation, Riviera Concert Brass band will perform in Sidmouth next month.
The band, of around 30 musicians, was formed in 2005 following the closure of the Devon and Cornwall Police Band.
On Wednesday, July 14, it will perform at Sidmouth Methodist Church from 8pm, offering show and film music, marches, traditional and folk music.
The Post Horn Gallop will be played on a unique post horn and there will be a drum feature and a soprano soloist.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert are �8, to include a programme and refreshments, from Paragon Books, High Street, or on the door. Admission is free to under-16s.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched