Brass band first for Sidmouth
Riviera Concert Brass perform in Sidmouth for first time
FOR the first time since its formation, Riviera Concert Brass band will perform in Sidmouth next month.
The band, of around 30 musicians, was formed in 2005 following the closure of the Devon and Cornwall Police Band.
On Wednesday, July 14, it will perform at Sidmouth Methodist Church from 8pm, offering show and film music, marches, traditional and folk music.
The Post Horn Gallop will be played on a unique post horn and there will be a drum feature and a soprano soloist.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert are �8, to include a programme and refreshments, from Paragon Books, High Street, or on the door. Admission is free to under-16s.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients