Budleigh choir joins Anglo-Welsh festival
Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir joins in choir festival at Cardiff
FORTY members of Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir sang their hearts out in Wales last weekend.
They joined forces with some 400 men from 12 different choirs form across Wales and England to sing at the Anglo-Welsh Festival of Male Choirs in Cardiff’s St David’s Hall.
Also performing was a choir from a local primary school and the Cory Band, the current world champion brass band.
They were joined on stage by Gary Griffiths, baritone, an associate artist at the Welsh National Opera, accompanied by Clive Phillips.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a wonderful experience for all involved, including the audience who were treated to an evening of great music,” said Stan Browning, the Budleigh choir’s publicity officer.
The choir is currently looking for a new musical director to replace Allen Coles, who, at the grand age of 81, has decided to retire.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
Anyone with experience in conducting choral music, preferably with appropriate qualifications, as well as a track record of leading choirs “but above all the ability to inspire the choir to achieve its full potential”, should contact secretary Adrian Hysom (01395) 276115 or email email@example.com.
The choir’s next concert is on Saturday, October 15 at 7pm at Tower Street Methodist Church, Exmouth. Special guests will be Bristol Male Voice Choir. Exeter Leukaemia Fund (ELF) will benefit.
Tickets are �6, available from Exmouth Tourist Information Office or Sophies, Rolle Street, Exmouth.
The choir will hold an open evening for prospective members on Tuesday, October 18, at St Peter Hall, Budleigh Salterton, from 7.30pm.