Calling Charles Vance festival fans in Sidmouth
Silver Jubilee play festival caps prices as thank you to patrons
SEASON ticket prices for the Charles Vance 25th Summer Play Festival will be capped at the 2010 prices.
Producers, who have been working behind the scenes to create a Silver Jubilee season to remember, will soon be announcing the line-up for the season, which opens on June 25.
In recognition of the loyalty shown by its patrons, the company has announced that season tickets of 12 shows for the price of 10 will be held at last year’s prices. The box office opens on June 1 for ticket sales.
Some 25 years ago the Play Festival was created especially for Sidmouth’s community, with support from local businesses and individuals.
You may also want to watch:
For three months its actors, directors and artistic team become part of the town, living, shopping, eating and working in the area.
Many return year-on-year, and have come to think of Sidmouth as their second home.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
Now the company hopes to compile a collection of stories from its supporters.
If you appeared on stage in a Summer Play Festival production, are one of the landlords or landladies that looked after the company so well or lent props for some of its productions, then the artistic team would like to know.
Perhaps there is a play you especially enjoyed, or a particular actor or actress. Were you in the audience for its first season in 1986 or do you just have an unusual, funny or interesting story to share?
You can write to the festival company c/o Manor Pavilion Theatre, Manor Road, Sidmouth, Devon EX10 8RP; or email them at email@example.com.
Stay tuned for an announcement of the full season line-up!