Calling Sidmouth’s male singers
Male singers invited to join Budleigh choir at open evening
AN open evening will be held by Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir on Tuesday, October 18, to encourage more singers to join.
On from 7.30pm at St Peter Hall, Budleigh Salterton, men of all ages and singing voices are invited to attend.
The choir currently has more than 60 active singing members, some of whom have been members for more than 20 years, and is a popular attraction in Sidmouth, where some members come from.
The choir is proud of raising money for charities, which in recent years amounts to around �10,000 annually.
You may also want to watch:
“We are always on the lookout for new members, especially with our busy programme, so if you can sing in tune, are looking for a rewarding hobby, leading to friendship and a sense of achievement and fun then why not join us for the evening and see for yourself,” said Stan Browning, the choir’s publicity officer.
“We like to pride ourselves on giving a very warm welcome to potential new members and there is always someone on hand to help you with the music.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Music, as well as the uniforms, are free to members, who pay a �40 annual membership fee.
The choir stages some 10 concerts a year for charities and its members are always learning new pieces to vary the programmes.
Members come from Sidmouth, Ottery St Mary, Honiton, Exmouth, Exeter and Budleigh Salterton.