Sidmouth Musical Comedy Society are very excited to announce that there new show will be CABARET.
Administrator Jacqui Self said “The show has been restricted to amateur societies for ages. We took the chance & rang the rights holders just to see if there was any chance of us being granted permission.
Before they could do this, they had to ask the present touring company if they would allow us to put the show on in Sidmouth. We have been waiting to hear since August. They obviously said yes as we have now got the go ahead”.
Set in 1931 Berlin as the Nazis are rising to power, it focuses on night life at the seedy Kit Kat Klub and revolves around the 19-year-old English cabaret performer Sally Bowles and her relationship with the young American Cliff Bradshaw.
You may also want to watch:
A sub-plot involves the doomed romance between German boarding house owner Fr�ulein Schneider and her elderly suitor Herr Schultz, a Jewish fruit vendor. Overseeing the action is the enigmatic Master of Ceremonies at the Kit Kat Klub which serves as a constant echo of the threatening atmosphere of late Weimar Germany.
There are some fabulous numbers in the show including Cabaret, Two ladies, Tomorrow belongs to me, Money etc etc.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
We are very pleased that Martin Kingston has agreed to direct. Martin played Dave in “Full Monty” & appeared in our “Flanders & Swann” & “High Society”.
Martin has lots of experience as a director & is presently directing Exeter’s “Jesus Christ Superstar”
We open at the Manor Pavilion Theatre in Sidmouth on Wednesday 8th ‘till Saturday 11th June with a matinee on the Saturday.
Rehearsals & open auditions will be starting in the New Year.
If you are interested in being part of the production, please ring Jacqui on 01392 274699 for more details.