Celebrations at Beer art show over sales
Artist Michael Morgan hopes for sell-out show in Beer
LOVERS of local artist Michael Morgan’s work have scooped up most of his latest works both before and at the start of his solo exhibition at Marine House at Beer gallery.
Called Celebration, reflecting both his inspirational watercolours of landscapes and for his contribution in revitalising the watercolour medium, more than 50 paintings are on show until Friday, July 2, following a successful private view on Saturday.
Michael, 82, who celebrated his 80th birthday in 2008, attended and said: “The private view went very well, there were lots of people there and I am extremely pleased.
“People there said it was the best show because there was a good mix of different kinds of landscapes.
You may also want to watch:
“We have sold close to 40 paintings, both at the preview and this week,” said Michael, who lives near Axminster. “We are really hoping it will be a sell-out.”
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival