Charity art calendar raises �300 in Sidmouth
A calendar produced by a Sidmouth-based art group has raised nearly �300 for charity.
South West Art teamed up with some of the local artists from its gallery in Old Fore Street to produce the 2013 calendar, with the proceeds from its sales split between Margaret Green Animal Sanctuary and Balloons.
A spokesman for the group said: “We’re really pleased with how popular the charity calendar has been, and that we have sold all but about 20 of the print run, raising nearly �300 pounds for our two charities so far.
“We are hoping that some last minute sales will mean that we can reach our target amount.”
Working with a selection of six local artists: Ray Balkwill, Neil Cox, Matt Culmer, Louise Bougourd, Hannah Twine and Stephen Brown, they each provided images of two pieces of their artwork free of charge.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said the positive feedback has convinced them to expand the idea for next year with more pictures featuring more artists.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'