Chinese art on show in Sidmouth
East Devon Chinese Brush Painting Society exhibits work at Sidmouth bistro
BEAUTIFUL paintings produced by members of East Devon Chinese Brush Painting Society, are on show this month and during October at Brown’s Bistro, Fore Street Sidmouth.
Exhibits are priced from �10 to �95 and include some paintings by Kaili Fu, the group’s mentor, who holds classes at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, Uffculme and Pinhoe, Exeter.
Kaili recently travelled to China, accompanied by two members of the group, to attend master classes.
Secretary Pam Lawson said: “Earlier this year we held an exhibition at Tiverton Museum which was well received and created an interest by being different.”
You may also want to watch:
The small group of enthusiasts, who enjoy the challenge of the ancient art of Chinese brush painting, meet months at America Hall, Pinhoe, and is keen to welcome new members. Call Pam on (01884) 266589.
Brown’s Bistro will exhibit their work from 10am to 3.30pm daily until the end of October.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown