Downton Abbey costumes grace Westpoint show
Creative Stitches show features costumes from TV’s Downton Abbey
SUMPTUOUS costumes from the hit TV series, Downton Abbey, which returns to our screens this weekend, will be on show at this year’s Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts Show at Westpoint.
On from Thursday, September 22 to Sunday, September 25, the show opens at 10.30am.
The collection, which shows exquisite needlework and craftsmanship, includes dresses worn by Dame Maggie Smith as Dowager Countess of Grantham, Elizabeth McGovern, who plays the Countess of Grantham, Penelope Wilton as Isobel Crawley and the three daughters, Lady Mary, Lady Edith and Lady Sybil Crawley.
Downton Abbey centres on the lives of the Crawley Family and their servants at a majestic Edwardian country mansion.
You may also want to watch:
The new series sees the start of the First World War. Its author, award-winning writer Julian Fellowes set out to illustrate the difference between the grandeur lifestyle of the Crawley family and the lives of those below stairs.
Susannah Buxton designed the costumes – a third of which were made from scrap - and admits they are imperative to the success and authenticity of the drama.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
*Julian Fellowes will talk at Sidmouth’s Kennaway House in October. Tickets have already sold out.