East Devon MP Hugo takes to the stage
Broadcaster Sue Lawley shares stage with Hugo Swire in play about Hilaire Belloc
LOCAL East Devon MP Hugo Swire will be treading the boards on Saturday evening (September 11), to raise money for Exeter Cathedral.
The MP will join broadcaster Sue Lawley and her husband Hugh Williams for a performance of Old Thunder, an evening’s entertainment on the life and work of Hilaire Belloc, from 7.30pm at the cathedral.
Hugh originally wrote the play for last year’s Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival, of which Sue is honorary president, but they have been asked to perform it again in aid of Exeter Cathedral’s Third Millennium Campaign.
Mr Swire said: “We are much looking forward to this our final performance and hope others will come for a fun evening which is going to raise much needed funds for our wonderful cathedral in Exeter.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced �20 and �15, are available online at www.exeter-cathedral.org.uk and Exeter Cathedral shop on (01392) 271354.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution