Esteemed artist Simeon Stafford visits East Devon
- Credit: Archant
There is a rare opportunity to view the work of Simeon Stafford in Ottery St Mary.
Simeon Stafford, one of today’s leading naive artists visited East Devon recently and was captivated by the charms of Colyton, Ottery St Mary, and the coastal towns of Sidmouth and Budleigh.
Indeed so taken was he with the red cliffs, attractive historic buildings and landscape he began immediately planning his next body of work.
Readers may already be familiar with Simeon’s paintings, so widely collected is his work but this new ‘just off the easel’ collection are the first ever paintings of Devon and the Georgian House Framing Gallery, in Ottery St Mary, is offering a rare opportunity to see them.
Raised in Manchester, Simeon won his first art award aged 14 and was soon exhibiting his paintings in art galleries and by 1974 was exhibiting widely throughout the North of England and London including the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition. Moving to Cornwall in the early ’90s Simeon’s paintings have become yet more sought after - they are almost always cheerful, vibrant and imbued with happy, childhood memories.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Simeon’s paintings please visit Georgian House Framing and Gallery or contact Alison summerfield at email@example.com or ring: 07770 941062
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town