Evolver Prize exhibition at Thelma Hulbert Gallery, Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Free exhibition of the winning entry, featured on the cover of Evolver magazine, and 49 runners-up
The Thelma Hulbert Gallery in Honiton is hosting the popular Evolver Prize 2019 exhibition this July and August.
Every year, artists, photographers and designers compete to have their work featured on the front cover of the July/August edition of Evolver, the Wessex Arts and Culture guide, and a £1,000 prize.
The exhibition features the winning artwork, Sack Race by Debbie Lee, and 49 runners-up, judged by Simon Barber, the editor of Evolver, photographer Adrian Boot, the manager/curator of the gallery, Ruth Gooding, and artist/educator Dr Fran Norton.
The artworks, in a range of different media, are all for sale, and visitors are also encouraged to vote for their favourite cover, with the winner of that prize to be announced at the end of the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barber said; "I am delighted that, once again, Thelma Hulbert Gallery is hosting the Evolver Prize. There is always an amazing diversity of artworks considering that all the submissions have to be the same size. I encourage visitors to come and see the artworks we have selected this year and vote for their favourite cover to win the Visitors' Choice Prize."
The exhibition opens on Saturday, July 6, and the prizegiving ceremony takes place that afternoon. Admission is free.
- 1 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 2 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 3 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 4 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 5 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 6 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 7 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 8 Artists given a masterclass in watercolour painting
- 9 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award