First acts for Sidmouth Folkweek’s 60th year revealed
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth FolkWeek has announced the first acts in a show-stopping line-up for its 60th year – tapping both its rich seam of vintage talent and a selection of future stars.
Returning to the festival after a decade is Ralph McTell (pictured), a virtuoso guitarist and one of the UK’s greatest storytellers, who has been on the road for more than 40 years.
Other headliners include the ultimate family duo Martin Carthy and Eliza Carthy, legendary ambassadors of Scottish music Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, and Irish songbird Cara Dillon.
The festival dates (August 1 to 8) encompass the centenary of the outbreak of World War One, so Roy Bailey and Robb Johnson will be taking on the lives of two privates in an evocative and personal account.
And old favourites are set to return for a grand anniversary dance, and there will of course be hordes of morris men and ceilidh callers to fill the week with events for all ages.
You may also want to watch:
For more acts, visit www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk, or to get tickets call Sidmouth Tourist Information Centre on 01395 577952.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help