Folk Festival due release debut album together
A pair of local Folk Festival Favourites have received critical acclaim on the release of their debut album.
During a year of playing at major concerts, tours and festivals Cole Stacey and Joseph O’Keefe somehow managed to squeeze in the time to write and produce ‘On Hire’.
The Sidmouth festival regulars began their collaboration inbetween gigs in May, and has been receiving airplay on BBC 6 Music and glowing reviews from the music press.
Cole is from Awliscombe and Joseph from Talaton, and the pair draw on their Devonshire acoustic routes to blend Parisian caf� violins and gypsy jazz guitar.
After recording some of the violin near Sidmouth they decided to name one of the tracks on ‘On Hire’ after Dukes’ Hotel, having both enjoyed five successful years playing at the venue.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “It’s been an amazing project to work on for us, and we’ve been humbled by everyone’s response and support.”
With a major nationwide tour booked for next spring the duo are currently focusing on shows in Europe, as they build up a following in Paris where they have been working new material for their next album.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
But for now their debut is available from www.colestacey.net, before being released in the shops next year.