Free talk on ‘God’s Trees’ in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
The speaker is an expert on forest science, and has ‘a passion for trees and a passion for God’
'God's Trees' will be the subject of a talk by a forest scientist at Honiton Evangelical Church Hall on Saturday, July 6.
Professor Julian Evans, OBE FICF, is a past president of the Institute of Chartered Foresters and is author or principal editor of 16 books and many scientific papers. Until recently he chaired the Forestry Commission's Expert Committee on Forest Science.
One of his most recent books- God's Trees - trees, forests and wood in the Bible, was a finalist in the People's Book Prize for non- fiction (2014). Since it was published he has given more than 120 presentations all over the country, sharing his passion for trees and his passion for God.
His talks are interesting and inspiring as he considers the cross of Jesus, the crown of thorns and Bible stories involving trees.
You may also want to watch:
The talk is free and all are welcome. It will start with a light tea at 5pm in the Church Hall. Further information can be obtained from Mike Plant on 01404 548576 or at www.honitonecc.org
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients