Fundraiser with Sidmouth band and Barbershop chorus
River City Chorus join with Sidmouth Town Band for charity concert at Manor Pavilion Theatre
A superb ladies Barbershop chorus and Sidmouth’s award-winning Town Band, join forces for a fundraising concert at the Manor Pavilion Theatre this month.
The Lions Club of Sidmouth is teaming up the band with The River City Chorus from Exeter, two years after they performed together in the town.
Between them they will serve up a feast of popular, classical and traditional music to help raise funds for two worthwhile causes – the British Heart Foundation for research and Devon Air Ambulance’s appeal for a new air ambulance.
The concert, on Saturday, February 19, promises a great evening’s entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 6.45pm for the 7.30pm start and tickets are �9, from the theatre box office, which opens from 10am to 2pm Monday to Saturday. Call (01395) 514413.
The River City Chorus was formed in 1992 and now comprises 25-30 ladies and, as part of the Ladies Association of British Barbershop Singers, regularly takes part in local and national choir contests.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
The chorus, and associated Isca Sound quartet, sing four-part harmony and their range of music spans several decades.
Under the leadership of Musical Director Adrian Harvey, Sidmouth Town Band’s reputation has grown considerably over the past few years.
Last September in Harrogate, the band competed in the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain, coming third in the Third Section - a significant achievement.