Garden walk diabetes aid bid
ROSEMOOR, RHS s garden in North Devon, will host an Autumn Colour Sponsored Walk in aid of Diabetes UK on Sunday, October 26.
ROSEMOOR, RHS's garden in North Devon, will host an Autumn Colour Sponsored Walk in aid of Diabetes UK on Sunday, October 26.
Walkers are asked to raise a minimum £10 sponsorship before joining others for a walk between 11am and 4pm, around "a garden of national importance with enchanting gardens and woodlands".
The two-mile walk can be made more challenging by exploring all the other areas of the extensive gardens. There will also be a post-event prize for the best photo of the day.
Sarah Cummins, Diabetes UK South West fundraising manager, said: "There are almost 27,000 people with diabetes in Devon. In raising funds for Diabetes UK, our walkers will contribute to our research for a cure for diabetes and help us raise awareness of the seriousness of the condition."
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to take part contact Diabetes UK South West (01823) 324007.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services