Get your sketch pads out for a self-portrait
Get your sketching pencils at the ready because the National Trust s Killerton House, near Exeter, is hosting a Big Draw.
Get your sketching pencils at the ready because the National Trust's Killerton House, near Exeter, is hosting a Big Draw.
The event will run for five days from Wednesday, October 1, to Sunday, October 5, between 11am and 4.30pm.
The theme of this year's Big Draw is portraiture.
Visitors will be encouraged to view the portrait collection in the house and have a go at drawing their own self-portrait.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a chance to explore Killerton's costume exhibition and to try making items such as cravats, lacy collars and ruffs out of paper.
The drawings will be displayed in an exhibition in Killerton's study.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
Visitor services officer Jen Waldron said: "We want to invite our visitors to be inspired by Killerton and to think about how they would like to be portrayed and to have a go at drawing.