Good turnout for Sidmouth art show despite rain
Annual open-air art show at Sidmouth’s Connaught Gardens will aid Sidmouth Voluntary Services
THE annual Sidmouth Society of Artists exhibition has taken place in Sidmouth’s Connaught gardens.
The event on Saturday, August 27, from 10am to 4pm, showcased work from more than 30 artists, writes Gregory Carter.
Throughout the day several hundred people visited the open air exhibition.
John Evans, exhibition officer said: “Considering the bad weather we had a really good turnout.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Unfortunately the rain did affect us, but overall the event still went well and everyone enjoyed the day.”
The exhibition helped raise money for local charity, Sidmouth Voluntary Services.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
An annual coffee morning is due to take place in October and the takings from both events will be presented to a representative from the charity soon after.