Great Expectations for Sidmouth stage
Hotbuckle Productions stage new play based on Dickens’ novel at Sidmouth
FOLLOWING box office record-breaking sales of tickets to see the Sleeping Beauty ballet in Sidmouth in April, Graham Whitlock, manager at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre, is hoping for another sell-out this month.
Great Expectations, a new play by Adrian Preater, based on Charles Dickens’ novel, will be performed by Hotbuckle Productions at the theatre on Saturday, March 24 from 7.30pm.
The cast explodes on to the stage with this “clever and novel rebirth of the famous classic, that will not fail to grip you through its contemporary approach,” says Graham.
This bicentennial year of Dickens’ birth sees Adrian, Hotbuckle’s artistic director, re-work this classic story of orphan Pip’s journey from boyhood to manhood as he seeks to find his place in an inhospitable world.
You may also want to watch:
Adrian’s adaptation, skillfully brought to life by a cast of five, is described as “innovative, hilarious and poignant.”
It is a story of love and loss, guilt and shame, fear and courage. Whether or not you are a Dickens traditionalist, this is a must see for adults and children alike.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
Tickets are �11 or �9 concessions, and the box office opens Monday to Saturday from 10am to 2pm.