Hannah wins place with Youth Music Theatre UK
TEENAGE actress Hannah Thompson has been given a place with Youth Music Theatre UK and will perform in a 1,000-seater theatre.
Now she is working hard to raise the �1,275 fee, and is planning a concert in Sidford in July.
Hannah, 14, a student at St Margaret’s School, Exeter, auditioned in Plymouth for a place in the company to work on one of eight projects taking place around the country this summer.
After a four-hour workshop, involving dance, music and acting, Hannah was thrilled to hear she had been invited to join YMT for three weeks to take part in a production of Korczac at The Rose Theatre, Kingston-Upon-Thames, from August 31 to September 3.
She will be working with director Nick Stimson, who was directing at Plymouth Theatre Royal.
You may also want to watch:
Mum, Angela Davies, head of drama at Sidmouth College and director of Sidmouth Youth Theatre, to which Hannah belongs, said: “This is a huge 1,000 seater theatre. This will be the largest venue Hannah has performed in.”
Hannah is fundraising for the �1,275 project fee by selling at car boot sales, doing a sponsored ‘Hannahthon’ event, where she will complete a series of tasks, in rotation for as long as possible, including singing, hoola hooping, tap, ballet and jazz dancing, skipping, Diablo, trampolining and cycling.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
With help from her mum, she is also planning a Summer Breeze concert at Sidford Social Hall on Saturday, July 2.
Wally Cotgrave will host the evening, joined by performances from Hannah and her talented school friends, seasoned performers from Sidmouth Youth Theatre, singer songwriters Jonah Hichens and Emma Lauran, dancers from Sidmouth Ballet School and much more.
A cabaret evening, presenting a mix of song, dance, comedy and music, a light meal is included in the �10 ticket and you can bring your own drinks.
Only 100 tickets are available, either from Tasty Baguette, Dove Lane or directly from Angela at Sidmouth College.
Hannah said: “I am looking forward to working on this project and I am also excited about my concert with my friends. Come and see what we can do to entertain you. I promise you won’t be disappointed.”