Hay fever hits Shute church
This hilarious production of Noel Coward’s masterpiece of comedy staged by S.T.A.G.(Shute Theatre and Arts Guild), considered by many to be wittily written, slightly cynical and undeniably entertaining, Hay Fever contains all the elements to produce a truly magical evening of live theatre and laughter.
A domestic comedy of sophisticated wit of the era between the two world wars, the hilarity is built around the four eccentric members of the Bliss family and their outlandish behaviour when they each invite a guest to spend the weekend at their home.
The eccentricities and melodramatic emotions of the Bliss family which loosely translate into pure bad manners leave their guests at a loss as to how to respond to the ensuing mayhem and absurdity of their anticipated quiet weekend in the country.
Director Simon Ford of Colyton and the talented local cast are working hard to ensure that this will be an evening to remember and one surely not to be missed.
A warm welcome awaits you! At St Michael’s Church, Shute, from all the S.T.A.G. team on: Wedneday, October 26 to Saturday, October 29, at 7:30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets: �8. (Under 18 ~ �4)
Tickets available from: Hurford’s Stores, Kilmington, (01297) 33203, Archway Bookshop, Axminster, (01297) 33595, Hynes of Colyton, (01297) 553336, or Strictly Business, Seaton (01297) 22101.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour