Homegrown talent set to shine in show
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society are offering a tantalising treat for Easter week when a star-studded cast are presenting Thoroughly Modern Millie, at the Manor Pavilion Theatre, from Saturday April 11 to Saturday April 18
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society are offering a tantalising treat for Easter week when a star-studded cast are presenting Thoroughly Modern Millie, at the Manor Pavilion Theatre, from Saturday April 11 to Saturday April 18, and when I attended a recent rehearsal, I was thrilled to see an abundance of home-grown talent with a strong, youthful element helping to create a vibrant show.
Samantha Morris was celebrating her 21st birthday. She is sure to delight as Miss Dorothy Brown, friend of heroine Millie Dillmount, with her sister Jessica and mother Lesley among the other dancers.
Another ex-Sidmouth College student is capable choreographer Vicky Salter, whose father, Ray, is assistant stage manager, whilst mother, Pat, is on props. Popular Donna Heard is sure to give a powerful performance as celebrity Muzzy Van Hossmere, whilst her mother, Joan, is director.
For the first time for 18 years, husband and wife Marc and Karen Colson are on stage together, with Marc playing Chinaman Ching Ho and Karen playing Ruth, one of the Priscilla Hotel dancing girls.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca Green, from Beer, and former Sidmouth College student Tom Beesley are certain to shine as Millie Dillmount and Jimmy Smith, the two young, romantic leads and Imogen Hudson-Clayton plays villainess Mrs Meers.
Other well-known favourites in the show include Alec Fellows-Bennett, Selwyn Kussman, Geoff Ward, Chris Hedges, Lorna Ramsden, Lameze Stout, Robert Marshall, Becca Simmins and Evelyn O'Malley.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
Don't miss this sparkling show. Contact the Manor Pavilion box office on (01395) 514413 without delay. Performances start a 7.45pm, with matinees on Monday April 13 and Saturday April 18, at 2.30pm.