Hospice aid week plea
THE annual Sunshine Week in support of Children s Hospice South West is upon us once again and organisers are appealing for more support than ever. On Thursday, November 13, the audience will be treated to Footloose Dancing School and Finch School of Dance
THE annual Sunshine Week in support of Children's Hospice South West is upon us once again and organisers are appealing for more support than ever.
On Thursday, November 13, the audience will be treated to Footloose Dancing School and Finch School of Dance.
And on Friday, November 14, the popular dancing troupe Funki Feet will have the audience tapping their plimsolls.
Sidmouth Friends of Children's Hospice South West, who organise the week, remain positive although they have faced hardship arranging the event this year.
You may also want to watch:
Bev Thomas, of the Sidmouth Friends group, said: "Unfortunately a lot of the dancing schools have been booked to perform elsewhere so that is why this year the performances are on two days rather than the usual six."
The Sidmouth group is optimistic that, with the support of the community, this year's event will be a success.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
Bev added: "We're hopeful that it will be a full house on both nights and we will still raise a good amount of money for the hospice."
Both performances take place at the Manor Pavilion from 7.30pm.
Tickets (£5) are on sale from the box office.