“Inspirational” art show at Sidmouth-based arts academy
Sidmouth’s East Devon Art Academy opens doors to launch joint exhibition by local artists Catherine Osbond and Matt Culmer.
SIDMOUTH’S East Devon Art Academy in Old Fore Street, opened its doors on Friday to launch a joint exhibition by local artists Catherine Osbond and Matt Culmer.
“There was an excellent turnout for the opening and we would like to thank all those who braved the bad weather to be there,” said Catherine, who said the response to the exhibition was positive.
“Words used to describe the exhibition included ‘impressive’ ‘wonderful’ and ‘inspirational’.”
The exhibition is a selection of land and seascapes painted in oils and is the first joint exhibition for the artists.
You may also want to watch:
There is still time to catch the exhibition, which runs until Sunday, February 27. Due to demand, it will also be open Saturday and Sunday, March 5-6.
More exhibitions are planned at the academy with the next opening from April 16 to May 2 when additional artists will also take part.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
Details of future exhibitions and art classes run at the academy can be found at www.eastdevonart.co.uk or by calling (01395) 516284.