“Inspirational” art show at Sidmouth-based arts academy
Sidmouth’s East Devon Art Academy opens doors to launch joint exhibition by local artists Catherine Osbond and Matt Culmer.
SIDMOUTH’S East Devon Art Academy in Old Fore Street, opened its doors on Friday to launch a joint exhibition by local artists Catherine Osbond and Matt Culmer.
“There was an excellent turnout for the opening and we would like to thank all those who braved the bad weather to be there,” said Catherine, who said the response to the exhibition was positive.
“Words used to describe the exhibition included ‘impressive’ ‘wonderful’ and ‘inspirational’.”
The exhibition is a selection of land and seascapes painted in oils and is the first joint exhibition for the artists.
You may also want to watch:
There is still time to catch the exhibition, which runs until Sunday, February 27. Due to demand, it will also be open Saturday and Sunday, March 5-6.
More exhibitions are planned at the academy with the next opening from April 16 to May 2 when additional artists will also take part.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
Details of future exhibitions and art classes run at the academy can be found at www.eastdevonart.co.uk or by calling (01395) 516284.