Isca Ensemble to perform in Sidmouth Church
Special summer concert to be staged by talented Isca Ensemble at Sidmouth Parish Church
A special summer concert will be staged by the talented Isca Ensemble at Sidmouth Parish Church on Saturday, June 11, starting at 7.30pm.
The talented chamber orchestra, now in its eighth year, will feature four concerti in the concert; which will have a retiring collection for Macmillan Cancer Support.
All soloists will be drawn from the orchestra, which has more than 45 players and gives a series of charity concerts each year, based mainly at the parish church.
The specially devised programme will consist of Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No4, Albinoni’s Double Oboe Concerto in F, Weber’s Concertino for clarinet and orchestra, Bruch’s Kol Nidrei for cello and orchestra, Bartok’s Rumanian Dances and Haydn’s Symphony No 88.
You may also want to watch:
Soloists are Trevor Taylor (violin), Catherine Clements (flute), Robert Stephenson (flute), Julia Hill (oboe), Rhiannon Morgna (oboe), Christ Gradwell (clarinet) and Stephen Guy (cello).
The ensemble’s regular musical director Roger Hendy will conduct.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
Isca Ensemble has a busy season ahead and performs at Mamhead Church on July 23.
In October the orchestra will be joined by young international star, Jack Liebeck, to perform the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto.
Tickets for Isca Ensemble concerts are available in advance from Paragon Books, Sidmouth, (01395) 514516 or on the door.
Refreshments are included in the �10 ticket price (students �5).