Jazz flute and more at Sidmouth’s Kennaway House Cellar Bar
- Credit: Archant
There’s a first this Sunday (June 25) when a jazz flute will be heard at Sidmouth’s Kennaway House Cellar Bar.
You’ll hear the instrument when Pete Allen and his regular jazz line-up will welcome two new guests at the venue, as part of their monthly Jazz in the Afternoon programme.
The guests are multi-instrumentalists Amy Roberts and Richard Exall, who together play flute, clarinet and saxophone. Both musicians played until recently with the Chris Barber Band, and in fact Amy was the first-ever female member of it.
The credentials of these two highly accomplished musicians speak volumes, even for Amy, who is still very young, but they are too many and varied to list here.
To hear a flute played as part of a traditional jazz ensemble will in itself be an unusual treat.
You may also want to watch:
The performance will take place this Sunday between 3pm and 5.30pm, doors will open at 2pm and admission will be £13.50.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17