Jesus Christ Superstar tickets to go on sale for Musical Theatre’s March show
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Musical Theatre (formerly SACOS) is now rehearsing in earnest for its production of Jesus Christ Superstar which takes place at the Manor Pavilion Theatre from Saturday, March 18, until (Easter) Saturday, March 26.
Tickets will be on sale at the theatre box office (01395 514413) from Monday, January 18, for the eight performances – evenings (apart from Sunday) at 7.45pm, with a matinee on Saturday, March 26, at 2.30pm. All tickets are £15.
Matt Colson and Cara Shepherd will be playing Jesus and Mary Magdelene respectively.
Both have performed regularly with the Sidmouth Youth Theatre in the past and are thrilled to have been cast and are anticipating a fantastic production.
Matt, who has performed most recently with the society as Joseph Cable in South Pacific and Cornelius Hackl in Hello Dolly, is even making the journey from Plymouth for rehearsals, where he is studying for a degree in education studies.
You may also want to watch:
Cara, who manages the Apple Tree Pre-school in Sidmouth, took part in the Sidmouth Youth Theatre’s 30th anniversary concert last year and it was that experience that made her decide that she wanted to return to musical theatre.
Jesus Christ Superstar is a global phenomenon that has wowed audiences in 42 countries for more than 40 years. It is a timeless work set against the backdrop of an extraordinary and universally known series of events but seen, unusually, through the eyes of Judas. It features some of Andrew Lloyd-Webber’s best music – some of it rock but some of it absolutely beautiful, for instance Mary’s song I Don’t Know How to Love Him.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat